Independently owned and operated for more than 40 years, Clearview Horticultural Products Inc. is a fully integrated garden centre, retailer, and grower known for top quality products and services located in Aldergrove, BC. At Clearview we offer employees a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced work environment. We are looking for an Assistant Manager to work closely with our current Manager. This is a position with significant growth potential for the right candidate under the mentorship and training of our current management.
Position: Seasonal Garden Shop Assistant Manager(mid January to mid August)
- Customer service and cashier
- Staff Scheduling and delegation of daily tasks
- Receiving and pricing of inventory under the supervision of store manager
- Entering data into POS system
- Oversee and assist store upkeep and cleanliness. This includes ensuring that the restocking, inventory, pricing and signage are accounted for through staff supervision.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and feedback to the team.
- Contribute to store goals through active participation in sales programs
- Assist in the operations of the store in the absence of management
- 3-5 years customer service experience in a high-traffic retail setting
- Previous supervisory experience in any setting
- Solid cash experience with the ability to determine correct change without a calculator
- Positive attitude and flexibility in job tasks
- Task-oriented, able to manage workload and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to work weekends, possible overtime in April and May
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Written and spoken English
- Passion for plants and people
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength are extremely important as some lifting is involved and there are physical
- Previous experience with POS systems an asset
- Horticulture knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Clearview is are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We encourage all qualified persons to apply to join our team.
Wages to be negotiated and determined by experience.
Expected start date: 2021-01-18
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- cash handling: 2 years (Required)